Monday, September 14, 2009

Good Fortune Will Come Your Way

Or maybe I should call this another weird moment. It will be anyway. I have a confession to make. I'm addicted to Panda Express' Orange Chicken. Almost every Saturday for the past year has been lunch with The Panda. The only variations were either getting an egg roll or the veggie spring rolls. The best part (not really) is the fortune cookie at the end of the meal. I saved almost all those fortunes - hence, the weird part. I give you in no particular order, my fortunes complete with commentary.


1) "Your ability for accomplishment will follow with success". Um, duh.

2) "Don't let unexpected situations 'throw' you." Hmm. If you expect them, can you still be thrown by them? (The quotation marks are theirs, not mine.)

3) "You are humorous and cheerful with good friends." As opposed to sulking and surly with not so good friends. Bad friends? Oh let's not go there.

4) "Good things are coming to you." Thanks! I'm anxiously awaiting their arrivals. Please tell me that they aren't C.O.D.

5) "Success will come to your plans." Doesn't this kind of go with the first one?

6) "Good news is coming your way - It will be here any day." I really wish I had written the date on that one. It would have been nice to have recorded the good news to which this refers.

7) "You are extremely generous and always thinking of others." That might sound like a good thing, but not if you never think of yourself. But I am both those things. And modest.

8) "A treasured friend will soon visit you." Again, a date on this one would have been helpful. I'd hate to think I wasted a fortune on a so-so friend.

9) "Your sense of humor will get you through difficult times." It always has. Frequently at the most inopportune times. A funeral or two comes to mind.

10) "A friends success will benefit you." You know who you are... and I'm thanking you in advance.

11) "Stick to the basics, be weary of novelties." Do you think they meant wary? Novelties do make me weary though. Paris Hilton anyone?

12) "You attract cultured and artistic people." And you all should know better by now to stop hanging out with the likes of me.

Wow. Only twelve fortunes. Maybe I didn't eat there every Saturday after all or I threw out repeated fortunes. It's been at least a month since my last Orange Chicken. It's a little harder to get to since I don't work at the Crate anymore. I may have to do a road-trip lunch soon.

No comments: