Tuesday, September 8, 2009

1st Anniversary

It was one year ago today that I published my first blog entry. I wasn't sure what to expect doing a blog... If there would be anybody reading it. If it would prove to be of any value to me (or anyone else for that matter.) I wasn't even sure if I would have anything to say past the first few posts.

But as it turns out, I've had some things to say over the last year. Quite a few things as it turns out. Counting this one, I've had 50 occasions to say something. For those who are keeping count, there are seven that I haven't published. A few of them were variations of other posts. Some of them were just so incomplete that they aren't more than a random thought put down. And the rest came from a place so dark that there isn't any chance of them seeing the light of day.

This blog has seen over 2300 visitors in the past year. The biggest number of hits to anything has been when I posted pictures of Riley from last Halloween. But the posts that have received the most comments from people are the ones where I open up about myself and the places and times that have made me who I am. There was a period of time - almost exactly three months - at the first of the year when I couldn't write anything. I wrote one post during that time that is so dark that I have a hard time reading it let alone subjecting anyone else to it. I guess that statement says even more about the person that I am.

My point is (did I have one?) that I've really enjoyed doing this over the past year. I've received some great encouragement from people who have stumbled on to this blog. I hope those of you who are entertained by my ramblings continue to do so. And I hope to hear from you from time to time over the coming years.

Thank you.

No comments: