Monday, September 8, 2008

First Post


Congratulations! You found me. Or did I find you? This place (I think) will be where I talk about returning home to Indianapolis after five years in Chicago. I've not mapped out exactly what I plan to do with this page, but then again, that's pretty much how I've lived my life so far.

There have been a few exceptions to that rule. Especially since adopting our daughter a little over a year ago.

Oh, wait. Maybe that's where I should start. I'm 47 years old. Been in a committed relationship for 8 years now. My partner and I adopted the sweetest little girl last year. We brought her home when she was just a month old and our live's couldn't be any better. (Well, I could be wealthy beyond imagination and writing instead of schlepping myself to work five days a week selling furniture of all things!)

But back to coming home... Indianapolis isn't exactly where I was born and raised, but it's been home for most of my adult life. I grew up in a small town about 40 minutes west of here. I still have some family that live there (hi cousin Tracy), but I couldn't wait to get out!

The only other places I've lived have been Muncie, Indiana and Chicago. I'd recommend at least giving Chicago a try if you're so inclined. Not so much with Muncie.

Muncie is where my college career was. Or as my brothers used to say, my professional student career. While I did make at least one lifelong friend while there, most of the people I encountered were ones any sane person should run screaming from. And one particular person I ended up getting a protective order against who forever will only be referred to as "the psycho".

As the days and weeks go by, you'll find out the rest of the story here, as will I. Enjoy. Let me know what you think.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome to the blogosphere! :)

queenbuttercup said...

Love the blog, sir. I could hear your voice talking to me while I read. :)

Anonymous said...

Jim,
I enjoyed so much reading your blogs. I knew you would find happiness someday and you really have! I am so happy for you. Congrats on your wedding and your beautiful little girl!!! Enjoy the time, it flies by quickly- I am sure you have already have see that.
I hope you haven't forgotten me, even though it was such a brief period of time (having fun with Haven in college days...)
Just wanted to share some thoughts.
Julie (Coley) Werling