Monday, February 1, 2010

Time Capsule: Part III

Tomorrow is Ground Hog Day.  My point?  None, actually.  Other than it's a holiday and I had no other tie-in to the continuing archeology dig going on in our garage.  Today's find was a stash of candy inside a purple cardboard heart.  Valentine's Day could be your first assumption, but the actual holiday would be Easter.  Inside the heart was as stash of Cadbury Creme Eggs, circa 2001.  Yup, we're had almost nine year old creme filled chocolate eggs stashed away as if they were Faberge' Eggs handed to us by the Csar of Russia. 

Curiosity got the best of me and I just had to find out what they looked like after all these years.  Here is a picture of what I found inside.  Turns out they aren't so creamy after all this time.  But it wasn't as bad as finding a real Easter egg after a year or two hidden behind a forgotten piece of furniture.  The most surprising part was the smell of chocolate wasn't rancid after sitting in "climate controlled" storage.  Still, I wasn't tempted to try one out.

One final word on this.  Either fresh or nine years old...  Gross.

2 comments:

Molly said...

Sock, I LOVE Cadbury eggs! (One at a time, and with a cup of tea to cut the sugar!)

I'm so relieved to know I'm not the only person who hoards the most ridiculous things. Socks with no mate are only one of the list I could supply.

Love, Bug

carrie said...

...and that's why they spell it, "creme"! Keep your distance, Jim!